Featured Post

 Henry  5" x 5" x 1.5" Oils on canvas March, 2023

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

This is my "Swamp Scene" project.  I'm using wooden tie slabs that I have cleaned and sanded. First I sketched in the scene with acrylic paints; next I will paint over the acrylics with oils.  I may add an egret. And of course I'll be putting in Spanish moss. Because the surface of the wood is rounded, the water looks strange.  I'll have to think about that one.  Also, I want to get a better reflection of the cypress trees in the water.

May 22: scroll to bottom of this post to see the final version of "Swamp Scene".  You can buy it and/or order a painting on a wooden tie slab at:

ellenhgh@gmail.com
Tres Bien Antiques Studio 1
132 Rue St Denis
Natchitoches, LA 71457
318-228-8815

"Swamp Scene"original painted sketch
Note: two holes in the wood were made by carpenter bees

"Swamp Scene", a work in progress
31" x 7.5" x 1.5" (approx.)
Acrylics on a wooden tie slab 
"Swamp Scene"
31 in. x 7.5 in x 1.5 in
Oils on wooden tie slab
$200

No comments:

Post a Comment